EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 5
AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 594, DATED DECEMBER 20, 2006, REGARDING THE RULES GOVERNING THE APPOINTMENT/DESIGNATION AND CONDUCT OF SPECIAL ENVOYS
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 16, Book III of the Administrative Code of 1987 (Executive Order No. 292), the President shall exercise the power to appoint officials as provided for in the Constitution and laws;
WHEREAS, the conduct of the effective foreign policy often calls for the appointment/designation of persons with expertise and experience to undertake special tasks or address certain issues, notably in international economic affairs;
WHEREAS, there is a need to clarify the use of the title “Ambassador” by Special Envoys in order to preserve the dignity of the said title and position.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BENIGNO S. AQUINO III, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order:
SECTION 1. Section 2 of Executive Order No. 594 is hereby amended by adding a second paragraph thereto as follows:
An appointment/designated Special Envoy shall not use the title “Ambassador” pursuant to Republic Act 7157, otherwise known as the Philippine Foreign Service Act of 1991, which states that only Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary may carry this title.
SECTION 2. All orders, rules, regulations and issuances, or parts thereof, which are inconsistent with this Executive Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 3. This Executive Order shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its publication in a newspaper of general circulation.
DONE, in the City of Manila, this 25th day of August in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Ten.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
By the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) First Tranche 2016 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Second Tranche 2017 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche Monthly Salary Schedule Table (Annex A & B)
- Executive Order No. 201 - MODIFYING THE SALARY SCHEDULE FOR CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL AND AUTHORIZING THE GRANT OF ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BOTH CIVILIAN AND MILITARY AND UNIFORMED PERSONNEL
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, nurses to double under SSL 2015
- Altimax - Globe used illegal frequencies, not paying more than P40 million to NTC
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (264)
- ► 2011 (984)
- Speech of President Aquino at the Basilica Parish ...
- President Aquino’s statement before the 65th Gener...
- President Aquino’s Speech at the MCC Compact Signi...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Council on Forei...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Citibank Economi...
- Speech of President Aquino at Baruch College, New ...
- Speech of President Aquino at Mount Saint Vincent ...
- Regional Economic Manager’s Briefing
- Launch of the Sibulan Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Meeting the beneficiaries of the Kalahi-CIDSS Prog...
- Granting of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Progra...
- Meeting with Cebu-based volunteers of the Aquino P...
- Regional Economic Managers Briefing and Dialogue w...
- Philippine National Police Change of Command Cerem...
- Philippine Stock Exchange Bell Ringing
- Stakeholders’ Step-Up Campaign Forum on the Philip...
- National Defense College of the Philippines Master...
- Public Dedication of Convergys San Lazaro
- National Heroes Day, August 29, 2010
- All Leader’s Summit
- Bayer Young Environmental Envoy (BYEE) Awarding Ce...
- Third Philippine International Motor Show
- Oath taking Ceremonies of Organisasyon Ng Pilipino...
- 43rd ASEAN Foundation Day
- 106th Anniversary of the Bureau of Internal Revenu...
- First Death Anniversary of Former President Corazo...
- 60th Anniversary Celebration of GMA Network, Inc.
- First State of the Nation Address
- Inauguration of the PNP Training Service (PNPTS) S...
- 63rd Anniversary of the Philippine Air Force
- First Malacañang Flag Ceremony
- Assumption of Command of the Chief of Staff of the...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 8
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 6
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 5
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 4
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3 - REVOKING EXECUTIVE ORDER N...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1
- ▼ September (40)