BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 6
EXTENDING THE DURATION OF THE OPERATIONS OF THE PRESIDENTIAL MIDDLE EAST PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE (PMEPC) TO DECEMBER 30,2010
WHEREAS, the term of the Presidential Middle East Preparedness Committee (PMEPC) expires on June 30, 2010, pursuant to Executive Order (EO) No. 886 dated June 3, 2010;
WHEREAS, tensions, political instability, and armed conflicts continue to exist in some countries of the Middle East and Africa that directly threaten the safety and security of thousands of Filipino workers in these countries;
WHEREAS, there is a need for the PMEPC to continue to assess and monitor developments and update contingency measures to ensure the safety of Filipinos in the Middle East and Africa, prepare and establish a specific contingency plan for each of the potential crises in these countries;
WHEREAS, there is an urgent need for the PMEPC to continue providing assistance to the Department of Foreign Affairs, in addressing the concerns of the Philippine Government about the piracy problem in Somalia where some Filipino sailors remain in captivity aboard their respective hijacked vessels near the shores of Somalia. Likewise, it is vital for the PMEPC to continue its coordination with the Anti-Piracy Task Force of the USN Fifth Fleet based in Manama, Bahrain, regarding measures to be taken by Filipino Seamen aboard ships passing through the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean; Furthermore the existing conditions of the expatriate workers in Iraq would need the immediate attention of the PMEPC;
WHEREAS, the PMEPC is tasked to provide continuing assistance to the Department of Foreign Affairs, as well as to other government agencies concerned with OFW safety, security, and protection, and in the formulation and implementation of policies, plans and modes of coordination in areas where there are significant presence of OFWs;
WHEREAS, under Section 31, Chapter 10, Title III, Book III of the Administrative Code of 1987, the President has the continuing authority to reorganize the functions of the Office of the President.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BENIGNO S. AQUINO III, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the extension of operation of PMEPC to December 31, 2010 with Special Envoy Roy A. Cimatu as Chairman, or unless otherwise directed by the President.
Section 1. Functions – The PMEPC shall continue to exercise its functions and responsibilities as provided under EO 159 dated December 23, 2002, in relation to EO 194 and EO 195, both dated April 14, 2003.
Section 2. Compositions – The membership of the Committee, as enumerated under Section 3 of EO 159, as amended by EO 722, is hereby retained.
Section 3. Funding – The Committee shall utilize its unused CY 2010 balance for its administrative and operational expenses, subject to the usual government accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
Section 4. Repeal – All other rules, regulations and issuances or parts thereof which are inconsistent with this Executive Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
Section 5. Effectivity and Retroactivity – This Order shall take effect immediately and retroact to 1 July 2010.
Done in the City of Manila, this 2nd day of September, in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Ten.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
By the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA JR.
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) First Tranche 2016 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Second Tranche 2017 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche Monthly Salary Schedule Table (Annex A & B)
- Executive Order No. 201 - MODIFYING THE SALARY SCHEDULE FOR CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL AND AUTHORIZING THE GRANT OF ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BOTH CIVILIAN AND MILITARY AND UNIFORMED PERSONNEL
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, nurses to double under SSL 2015
- Altimax - Globe used illegal frequencies, not paying more than P40 million to NTC
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (264)
- ► 2011 (984)
- Speech of President Aquino at the Basilica Parish ...
- President Aquino’s statement before the 65th Gener...
- President Aquino’s Speech at the MCC Compact Signi...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Council on Forei...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Citibank Economi...
- Speech of President Aquino at Baruch College, New ...
- Speech of President Aquino at Mount Saint Vincent ...
- Regional Economic Manager’s Briefing
- Launch of the Sibulan Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Meeting the beneficiaries of the Kalahi-CIDSS Prog...
- Granting of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Progra...
- Meeting with Cebu-based volunteers of the Aquino P...
- Regional Economic Managers Briefing and Dialogue w...
- Philippine National Police Change of Command Cerem...
- Philippine Stock Exchange Bell Ringing
- Stakeholders’ Step-Up Campaign Forum on the Philip...
- National Defense College of the Philippines Master...
- Public Dedication of Convergys San Lazaro
- National Heroes Day, August 29, 2010
- All Leader’s Summit
- Bayer Young Environmental Envoy (BYEE) Awarding Ce...
- Third Philippine International Motor Show
- Oath taking Ceremonies of Organisasyon Ng Pilipino...
- 43rd ASEAN Foundation Day
- 106th Anniversary of the Bureau of Internal Revenu...
- First Death Anniversary of Former President Corazo...
- 60th Anniversary Celebration of GMA Network, Inc.
- First State of the Nation Address
- Inauguration of the PNP Training Service (PNPTS) S...
- 63rd Anniversary of the Philippine Air Force
- First Malacañang Flag Ceremony
- Assumption of Command of the Chief of Staff of the...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 8
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 6
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 5
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 4
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3 - REVOKING EXECUTIVE ORDER N...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1
- ▼ September (40)