Image via Wikipedia
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER REVOKING EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 883 DATED 28 May 2010
WHEREAS, Section (2) article IX-B of the 1987 Constitution states that “appointments in the civil service shall be made only according to merit and fitness to be determined, as far as practicable, and, except to positions which are policy-determining, primarily confidential, or highly technical, by competitive examination.”
WHEREAS, under article IV, Chapter I, Part III of the Integrated Reorganizational Plan under P.D. No. 1, the exclusive power to “promulgate rules, standards and procedures on the selection, classification, compensation and career development of members of the Career Executive service (CES)” is vested with the Career Executive Service Board (CESB);
WHEREAS, under section 8, Chapter II, book V of EO 292 or the Administrative Code of 1987, “entrance to the third level (Career Executive Service) shall be prescribed by the CESB”;
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 883 dated 28 May 2010 automatically vests lawyers “occupying legal positions in the government executive service who have obtained graduate degrees in law and successfully passed their bar examinations” with the rank of CESO III in the CES;
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 883 encroaches upon the power of the CESB to “promulgate rules, standards and procedures on the selection, classification, compensation and career development of members of the Career Executive service (CES)” vested by law with the Career Executive Service Board (CESB);
WHEREAS, from the foregoing, it is evident that EO 883 amounts to a repeal or amendment of the provisions of P.D. 1 and E.O. 292 which were issued when the President had legislative powers, hence illegal and void.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BENIGNO S. AQUINO III, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution as President of the Republic of the Philippine by law, do hereby declare:
SECTION 1. Revocation – Executive Order No. 883 dated 28 May 2010 is hereby revoked.
SECTION 2. Repealing Clause – All executive orders, administrative orders, proclamations, rules and regulations or parts thereof that are in conflict with this Executive Order are hereby modified accordingly.
SECTION 3. Effectivity– This Executive order shall take effect immediately.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 30th day of July, in the year of our Lord, Two Thousand and Ten.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
By the President:
(Sgd. )PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) First Tranche 2016 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Second Tranche 2017 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche Monthly Salary Schedule Table (Annex A & B)
- Executive Order No. 201 - MODIFYING THE SALARY SCHEDULE FOR CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL AND AUTHORIZING THE GRANT OF ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BOTH CIVILIAN AND MILITARY AND UNIFORMED PERSONNEL
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, nurses to double under SSL 2015
- Altimax - Globe used illegal frequencies, not paying more than P40 million to NTC
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (264)
- ► 2011 (984)
- Speech of President Aquino at the Basilica Parish ...
- President Aquino’s statement before the 65th Gener...
- President Aquino’s Speech at the MCC Compact Signi...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Council on Forei...
- Speech of President Aquino at the Citibank Economi...
- Speech of President Aquino at Baruch College, New ...
- Speech of President Aquino at Mount Saint Vincent ...
- Regional Economic Manager’s Briefing
- Launch of the Sibulan Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Meeting the beneficiaries of the Kalahi-CIDSS Prog...
- Granting of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Progra...
- Meeting with Cebu-based volunteers of the Aquino P...
- Regional Economic Managers Briefing and Dialogue w...
- Philippine National Police Change of Command Cerem...
- Philippine Stock Exchange Bell Ringing
- Stakeholders’ Step-Up Campaign Forum on the Philip...
- National Defense College of the Philippines Master...
- Public Dedication of Convergys San Lazaro
- National Heroes Day, August 29, 2010
- All Leader’s Summit
- Bayer Young Environmental Envoy (BYEE) Awarding Ce...
- Third Philippine International Motor Show
- Oath taking Ceremonies of Organisasyon Ng Pilipino...
- 43rd ASEAN Foundation Day
- 106th Anniversary of the Bureau of Internal Revenu...
- First Death Anniversary of Former President Corazo...
- 60th Anniversary Celebration of GMA Network, Inc.
- First State of the Nation Address
- Inauguration of the PNP Training Service (PNPTS) S...
- 63rd Anniversary of the Philippine Air Force
- First Malacañang Flag Ceremony
- Assumption of Command of the Chief of Staff of the...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 8
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 6
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 5
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 4
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3 - REVOKING EXECUTIVE ORDER N...
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1
- ▼ September (40)