President Aquino Speech during Commencement Exercises of MIIS

P-NoyImage via Wikipedia
PRESIDENT BENIGNO S. AQUINO III’s REMARKS
DURING THE 5th COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES FOR THE
GRADE SCHOOL DEPARTMENT OF THE
MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
UP Film Center, UP Diliman, Quezon City
March 20, 2011
  

Magandang hapon po. Maupo ho tayo.

Ms. Mary Joy Canon-Abaquin; Ambassador Eusebio Abaquin; Ms. Cecille Canon; my cousin, I emphasize cousin, Bam Aquino -- they normally ask if he’s my son or my nephew; graduates and our honor students; faculty and school staff; parents, guardians, relatives and friends of our graduates; ladies and gentlemen:  Good afternoon.

There’s a very short speech that was prepared today. I hope you don’t mind if I do not read the speech for today, if I just speak directly from the heart.

Of course, number one, we are very proud that Josh is graduating today. I’m sure my mother is looking so fondly on my nephew’s graduation today. And I would like to thank all of the faculty, all of the teachers who really having done so much to improve him. If we look at the world today, a lot of our problems really are centered on the fact that there are too many people thinking only of themselves.  Today is really an auspicious day for our graduates. They have worked hard to get here, but I am sure in the coming days, they will realize, this achievement was not done on their merits alone but through the combined efforts of their parents and also those of their teachers who have dedicated so much to making sure that they achieved their highest potentials.

In effect, that is the only message I would like to impart today. The key to us reaching where we would want to go is having a focus on the other rather than the self.  With that focus, nothing is impossible, it’s only a matter of time to achieve all of our dreams. So, when our graduates march today and henceforth into higher levels of learning, we assured, your government is behind you, ready to support you, ready to help you achieve the fullest potential possible and with your parents’  help, let me emphasize, nothing is impossible.

I think there have been too many Aquinos who have talked today. I will end my speech thus  and may just offer my sincerest congratulations on the collective effort that resulted in today’s victory.

Thank you.  Good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment