MANILA, Nov. 10 (PNA) -- Public school teachers and nurses will be paid twice more compared to their private counterparts under the proposed Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015), according to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
“Our study revealed that if we compare the median of the market to the median of SSL 3 rates, public school teachers and nurses are paid much higher in government than in the private sector,” Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad said.
In the private sector, the positions of Teacher I to III are paid P13,135. The government pays P19,218 for Teacher I position, or 146 percent of the market. For Teacher II positions, the government pays P20,660 or 157 percent of the market. For Teacher III positions, the government pays P22,209 or 169 percent of the market.
Abad said SSL 2015 will increase Teacher I salary to P20,754; Teacher II to P22,938; and Teacher III to P25,232. This will make their monthly pay twice more than their private sector counterparts.
“Under SSL 2015, the total annual guaranteed compensation of Teacher I will be P329,556, up from the current P280,137. Teacher II will get P360,132 from the current P298,220, while Teacher III will receive P392,248 from the current P317,668. This annual guaranteed compensation does not include the PBB, which is contingent on performance and is equivalent to 1.25 month’s salary for SG 11-24. As Teacher I-III is ranked as SG 11-13, that is an additional 1.25 month’s pay for Teacher I to III positions” Abad said.
Meanwhile, the budget chief pointed out that private sector nurses receive pay ranging from P13,033 (Nurse I), P14,083 (Nurse II), to P22,125 (Nurse III). Their government counterparts receive higher salaries with P19,218, P25,878, and P35,207 respectively. Under the SSL 2015, the total guaranteed compensation of Nurse I will go up to P344,074, while Nurse II will receive P485,670 and Nurse III will get P710,804.
Read more: Philippines News Agency
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) First Tranche 2016 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Second Tranche 2017 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche Monthly Salary Schedule Table (Annex A & B)
- Executive Order No. 201 - MODIFYING THE SALARY SCHEDULE FOR CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL AND AUTHORIZING THE GRANT OF ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BOTH CIVILIAN AND MILITARY AND UNIFORMED PERSONNEL
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, nurses to double under SSL 2015
- Altimax - Globe used illegal frequencies, not paying more than P40 million to NTC
Powered by Blogger.
- Work suspended in SC, CA, lower courts on Nov. 16-...
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization ...
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of ...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Seco...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Firs...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, n...
- Senate President Drilon filed Senate Bill No. 3009...
- Belmonte vows to act on salary standardization la...
- Senate approves bill granting an extra P2,000 mont...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2012 (264)
- ► 2011 (984)