MANILA, Nov. 11 (PNA) -- To encourage employees to stay longer in government and boost their morale and productivity, Senate President Franklin Drilon filed Senate Bill No. 3009, which mandates a weighted average increase of 45 percent in the total compensation of all government personnel over a four-year period.
“The economy is in the right course and we will take advantage of the favorable condition to raise the pay scheme in the government and align it with the compensation received by employees from the private sector,” Drilon said.
“It is about time that we adjust the salaries of the hardworking men and women who have helped the government to fulfill its mandates to the people,” he added.
The bill is co-authored by Finance Committee chair Loren Legarda.
Drilon, who also served as labor secretary, said that the low pay rate is the main reason why the government could not keep its employees, as he expressed concern about the high turnover of positions in the government.
Citing a study commissioned by the Department of Budget and Management, Drilon said that the pay scheme in government is 45 percent below market.
This is particularly true for professionals and middle managers in government who only get around 41 percent and 25 percent of market rates, respectively.
It is only the sub-professionals in government that receive 50 percent or more of market rates, Drilon noted.
Drilon also observed that some agencies are incapable of filling up vacant positions within a reasonable period of time, which inadvertently affects the smooth delivery of services to the people.
Read more: Philippines News Agency
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) First Tranche 2016 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Second Tranche 2017 Salary Grade Table / Schedule
- Third Tranche Monthly Salary Schedule Table (Annex A & B)
- Executive Order No. 201 - MODIFYING THE SALARY SCHEDULE FOR CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL AND AUTHORIZING THE GRANT OF ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BOTH CIVILIAN AND MILITARY AND UNIFORMED PERSONNEL
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, nurses to double under SSL 2015
- Altimax - Globe used illegal frequencies, not paying more than P40 million to NTC
Powered by Blogger.
- Work suspended in SC, CA, lower courts on Nov. 16-...
- Fourth Final Tranche 2019, Salary Standardization ...
- Third Tranche 2018, Salary Standardization Law of ...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Seco...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 (SSL 2015) Firs...
- Salary Standardization Law of 2015 for teachers, n...
- Senate President Drilon filed Senate Bill No. 3009...
- Belmonte vows to act on salary standardization la...
- Senate approves bill granting an extra P2,000 mont...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2012 (264)
- ► 2011 (984)