’I've lived a life of a prisoner outside a prison cell’ -– Lacson

Sen. Panfilo M. LacsonImage via Wikipedia
MANILA, March 28 (PNA) – Senator Panfilo Lacson may have successfully eluded the arrest but he lived a life of a prisoner outside a prison cell throughout the 13 months he was hiding outside the country.

Lacson claimed this in a well-covered press conference on Monday at the Senate, his first appearance since he went into hiding in January last year to escape a warrant of arrest issued in connection with the double-murder of publicist Salvador ‘Bubby’ Dacer and his driver Emmanuel Corbito in November 2000.

”I was virtually living the life of the prisoner because I was not free to move around. The only difference from one who suffers in confinement is that, I could on my own will, navigate my movements using the best of my instinctive compass,” Lacson said.
Lacson admitted that he arrived last Saturday night via Cebu on board a Cathay Pacific flight but preferred to hide from the public to spend enough time with family. From Cebu, he took a chartered flight to Manila.


No comments:

Post a Comment